Sunday 30 November 2008

November

Well I know a lot of bloggers have managed a post per day for November... perhaps I can at least just post something?
Projects I have been working on are socks for D for Christmas... just one foot left to knit so they should really be finished in plenty of time. A scarf with some of my handspun... which I am really pleased with, only I have run out of the handspun and it isn't nearly long enough so I am going to have to crack on with some spinning. Also a Christmas present which I will post after Christmas and then a duplicate of said present since D complained I give all the nice knitting away and he wants one too!

Also managed to find time this week to make a tiny hat for Luke, who wasn't due until after Christmas but has made an early arrival. I was thinking I would make something after the Christmas knitting but so much for that plan! Seriously though it sounds like he is doing well and hopefully will grow into that hat quickly. I do have a picture of hat, just need to find the cable to upload...

On Monday I went to the Habu workshop at K1, so I know understand the principles of Japanese style knitting patterns. To be honest they make a lot more sense than the Western ones. There were some lovely garments to try on too, but to be honest the kit prices are a bit out of my budget at the moment so just bought some yarn which will probably make it into a scarf at some point.

On Friday we had a small party for a friend who is leaving Edinburgh, the big party was last night but I didn't make it out. I am sad to see her go after 8 years in Edinburgh, but it sounds as if she has wonderful plans ahead.

Saturday was the annual craft show at Ingliston, a bit disapointing in terms of the shopping list I went with but overall a nice way to spend a morning. The spinning guild was there, maybe next year I will be able to commit to things a bit more and help out. This time next year I should be nearly finished my MSc, what a scary thought.

For now I need to get back to writing about Strategic Environmental Assesments..... would rather be knitting but has to be done.

No comments: