Saturday 21 April 2007

Project Update

Ok I have been studying hard but here is an update of what I have been working on.

First of all the Sublime baby jumper. It is in Alpaca Select DK, which I had left from the first hat I made. I used more than suggested in the pattern but I think this is because it is a lot denser than sheep wool. It isn't necessarily the colour I would have picked if I was buying from scratch but I think it has worked out well. Also not the most practical for a baby since it is hand wash at 30, but it is soooo soft and cuddly.

I think I need to work on the picking up stitches evenly since the neck doesn't look quite right, but this is my first attempt at that and by the time I noticed I couldn't face going back.



I got these cute buttons from John Lewis, I like the metal finish but they are not too heavy.


While getting the buttons noticed this they had made up... it is a simple feather and fan design in Kidsilk Mohair. For a simple pattern, 4th time I have started it and I think this time it is going ok... Looks a bit bunched up here but I am sure it will look ok when it is finished and blocked.


Car knitting at the moment is these ribbed socks for ME. Did put them for one side for a while after KG suggested they looked too small and I was scared to try them on in case I had to start again! But tried them on last weekend and although tight the ribbing stretches ok and I think they will be fine. Lucky I have tiny feet.

No comments: