Sunday 6 May 2007

Jen's Bag

Last weekend I decided I would make a bag for Jen for her Birthday... so that gave me a week. Luckily I had a lot of time on Thursday in between people voting to get on with it. KG helped me line it yesterday (well with cutting and sewing on the machine, the bad hand sewing you see is all down to me!). Jen loves purple, so I hope she likes this.

Pattern is from Knitting magazine, yarn is Lana Grossa Mille, colour 002. I used nearly 3 balls, (150g, 165m).


The pattern is in double moss stitch, I think the texture is really nice.



Stripey lining from the Cloth Shop. Nice colours, but I need to improve on my sewing skills! Still I am sure it will stay together.

Main alteration was in the length of the strap, I have no idea how 66cm would be long enough for a shoulder bag... I think it is just ok now, but could have even been a bit longer.

D had to make a trip up to HK for me to pick up the extra ball of wool on Tuesday. He is so sweet, but was not impressed when they tried to persuade him to sign up for the men's knitting class!

No comments: