Monday 26 February 2007

Weekend News

Well turns out my Knitting guru (KG) has been reading this, as on Thursday after a not nice morning at work, the Vogue Stitchionary book appeared on my desk!! It is a really nice present and I think I will use it a lot. Certainly cheered up my Thursday.

D was away this weekend, so on Saturday KG and I went on a little girlie trip. I had heard about a knitting shop at St Abbs (Woolfish) so we went down the coast and first had lunch in Coldingham. Coldingham Priory was also having an open day so we had a look in there which was interesting.

The shop at St Abbs is small but has lots of sock yarn. We were lucky we got there when we did as the Lady was just about to leave. I got this trekking yarn:Still not content will our knitting fill, we headed back into Edinburgh and went to HK, which KG hadn't been to before. I noticed some 4ply Cashcotton in the sale box, it was love at first squeeze so obviously that had to come home with me.

KG bought some in pink and blue, and also the Easy Knitted Socks book. I also got some Brittany Birch DP needles to finish off my Booga Bag.

I have completed the main part of the bag, just the I-cord to do. I am really pleased with the colours and it has been quick to make, only started Wednesday (and not had a lot of knitting time). So a sucessful knitting weekend I think! (Just have to start knitting through my accumulating stash now).

No comments: